Happy Saturday ladies! Since today is the first day I have gotten to wear a coat and not secretly be sweating to death I wanted to put together some of my Fall closet essentials for y’all. In South Louisiana we don’t need snow gear or heavy coats so I just chose Fall closet essentials I knew everyone would think were essential as well.
- First we have chunky knits! I love a good cozy sweater or cardigan to keep me toasty and warm during the Fall. Sometimes thats honestly all we need in Louisiana. I’m loving the extra ruffles and pom poms some of these knits have!
2. Next I chose over the knee boots. I know not everyone will try this style of boot, but I encourage you to just try them on. I am 5’3″ and I truly feel they elongate my legs and make them appear slimmer! Here are some that I am loving!
3. I can’t live without a nice blanket scarf. Scarves are essential to keeping warm on those really bone chilling mornings. The humidity here adds another layer of chill and blanket scarves really help to keep everything from your face to your body warm!
4. Next I chose beanies! I have been beanie lover since I can remember. I went through a pom pom phase where every beanie I owned had to have a pom pom on top. I am currently obsessed with slouchy beanies. Men’s beanies are the best for that really slouchy look!
5. Sweater dresses are up next. These are perfect to just throw on with your OTK boots and leather jacket and you are good to go. They are insanely comfy and so perfect for Thanksgiving lunch or dinner! I love dressing them down as well with sneakers and a bomber jacket and maybe even a slouchy beanie. wink wink
6. My last Fall closet essential would have to be a leather jacket. Faux leather will work just as great and to be honest they look better than some real ones I have seen lately. A leather jacket is a classic staple that will stay in your wardrobe year after year and will never age. I currently have one from eight years ago and it looks better and feels better than the day I bought it!
What are some of your Fall closet essentials? Let me know in the comments below. Also, I hope y’all have a wonderful weekend enjoying the beautiful Fall weather. I know we will be soaking it up as much as we can!
From Rouge with Love