I love a statement top and this one is just that! Exaggerated sleeve tops are so perfect for Fall and the off the shoulder of this one gives it some sass. Last year I didn’t try out any exaggerated sleeve tops, but I am all about it this year! Gingham is also SO in this Fall and I happened to find this exact exaggerated sleeve top at Anthropologie in a black and grey combo. Isn’t it so pretty?! Check out some other statement tops I’m loving and that will be perfect right into Fall and Winter paired with a cardigan or coat.
A little off topic but I wanted to share some things we love about living in an older home and some things we are a little tired of. Before we moved to Baton Rouge we lived in a fairly new construction home. Well insulated, bright and airy rooms, plus plenty of space and storage. It was our first home so of course we loved it. Leaving was probably one of the hardest things to do. We started our family their and so many other family firsts were all made there. When we began looking for a home to rent, while Michael started his journey through school, I could not believe the state of some of these homes. Needless to say they were scary looking and the rent was scary high! I randomly found the home we are in now and it was truly a Godsend. It is nothing to look at on the outside, but the inside had been slightly renovated and painted to the perfect neutrals of gray and white. It was a breath of fresh air once we found this home, but three almost four years later you get know a house pretty well. So here are some things we love and hate about living in an older home.
- Old homes have character!
- Mature landscaping. This home has some of the most gorgeous trees that bloom beautiful pink, white, and red flowers. Plus we have a blueberry bush in the backyard!
- Cork floors! Ok, I know everyone won’t like this but I thought it was very unique and I love the 70’s so it was giving me those vibes.
- Unique builtins. This one goes along with #1 but we have a real fun corner cabinet in our kitchen that has been perfect as a pantry.
- The use of space was used well. Meaning we have lots of closets! Broom closet, linen closet, 2 coat closets, bathroom closets, outdoor closets. So lots of storage!
- Windows are not insulated.
- Small sinks.
- Old bathrooms! Ok this is probably my biggest complaint. I love a fun old bathroom with a clawfoot tub (which we have), but I miss a crisp new clean bathroom. No matter how much we clean these bathrooms just seem….not clean. haha
- Short ceilings.
Ok, I want to be 100% honest. I LOVE old homes. I dream of buying one and fixing it up. They just have so much more character than homes today and are solid! I think we are just getting the itch to buy and settle down into our own home. Be able to paint walls and redo bathrooms if we want to. Michael is also dying for a larger kitchen sink. Ours currently the size of your typical prep sink, so one dish fills it up. Ah Graduation in May can’t come fast enough!
Let me know if you love these exaggerated sleeve tops as much as I do and if you happen to try out this Fall trend! Thank you so much for reading!
From Rouge with Love