Hey girls! I hope your week is going well so far. It has been raining pretty much everyday this week, so it feels like it is dragging for me. If you are following along on Instagram then you probably already heard, but you can now easily shop all of my looks with the liketoknow.it app or directly through your e-mail. If you are not already signed up you can do so here. Once you sign up and start liking away on all of your favorite photos all of those outfit details will immediately be sent to you. How cool is that?!
Ok so today I wanted to talk about something a little different. Have you ever wanted to look like a million bucks but only have a dollar to your name? Well I am going to share some simple and almost free tips to looking and feeling like a million bucks on a tight budget.
- Lets start from the top. Hair styles are always fun to play around with but when I want to feel extra put together a slick back pony or bun is my go to. I mean, lets take Victoria Beckham for example or even Kim K. Their hair is usually slick back and not one hair is ever out of place.
- Trends are so much fun to play with but there is something about an all white or all black look that look highclass. With my look here I went for an all cream look but wanted my personality to come through with the embroidery down the leg. A monochromatic look could be intimidating at first. Let me know if you try it out!
- A nude pointy heel makes me feel taller and really elevates a basic jean and white tee. Plus it elongates my tiny 5’3 frame, so fellow shorties go get a pair of pointy nude heels!
- A basic black blazer. This is classic piece that you will keep forever and when layered over a t-shirt and cutoffs and paired with those nude heels you immediately look put together.
- Spanx! Ok this may be a silly one, but when wearing a form fitting dress and the lumps and bumps start popping it’s just not pretty (Sorry!). So Spanx are an easy fix to help you have confidence which in turn helps you look like a million bucks!
- Obviously when carrying a designer handbag people may assume that you have money, but we all don’t have thousands to spend on a bag that may be out of style by the end of the season. My best advise is to either buy second hand OR save a little less money for a designer piece like a wallet or the “famous” Gucci belt. Just by adding something simple like a designer belt to a basic outfit you immediately elevate your look.
- Lastly and honestly this should have been first is your confidence. No you do not need any of these things to feel good about life or yourself. Material things do not buy happiness. Confidence and self worth will get you much farther than a piece of clothing, but we all want to look are best and these are some tips I go by.
Love y’all and thank you so much for reading!
From Rouge with Love