He’s here!!!

Ok so baby boy has actually been here for about 7 weeks now, but getting back into my groove as a mom in general has been tough. Seven weeks later and I’m thinking I’ve got a system down with little miss threenager and the babe. 

So, I have been wanting to write a post about my labor and delivery probably since it happened just so I could look back and remind myself that “hey! It wasn’t that bad…”. 

Let’s get to story telling…

March 13th I fell asleep knowing that Michael would be waking up around 5:00am to drive a hour to school and wouldn’t be back till late that evening. The last thing I wanted was to go into labor and him not be here. Side note: my first labor and deliver was only 4 hours! My entire pregnancy I was preparing myself mentally to have a natural birth. It was something I wanted so badly for my first, but my mind got one over on me and I ended up with an epidural for a total of 30 minutes.

 So, around 3:30 March 14th I woke up to light cramping. I fell back to sleep and about 10 minutes later more cramping, so not thinking too much into it I decided to start timing them. I told Michael what was going on but not to get his hopes up because they were probably nothing. Around 4:00am I texted my doula just to let her know that my “cramps” we’re 2 minutes apart and were lasting a minute and a half. We were staying with my parents, so I decided I should wake my mom up just in case. My contractions, I guess I should call them that now, were now coming every minute. My mom is a nervous wreck telling me to go to the hospital, but in my mind they have to get worse. I was talking through them and you shouldn’t be able to do that, right? My mom leaves the room because she can’t handle it. My doula arrives around 4:50am and one look at me and she knows it’s time! Thank God the hospital is only 5 blocks from the house. Michael was running red lights and I’m having contraction after contraction. We arrive to the hospital and have to go through the ER since it was so early in the morning. I remember nurses trying to force me into wheelchairs and I would refuse. Everything was honestly a blur at this point. I made it into triag at 5:05. I was 9cm dilated and as they are pushing me into my room my water brakes. 5:14 and 2 pushes later Michael was here! He couldn’t even wait for my doctor to get there. 8lbs 4oz and 20.5inches of pure purfection. Baby boy thank you for the quickest and easiest natural birth. It’s everything I hoped for and more. The only words I remember saying were, “wow, that burned…” 😉 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Looking for Something?